Here is the list:
- Prolongs the life of carpeting. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor covering investment.
- Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually, those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
- Makes carpets easier to maintain. Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming.
- Removes spots and stains. As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Removing them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants.
- Enhances the appearance of any room. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home or facility.
- Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is clean. This includes the carpeting.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
- Removes dust mites and bedbugs that may have found a home in carpets.
- Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
“Clean carpets simply make people feel good about themselves and where they live and work,” said Doug Berjer, CFR product manager and creator of the list.
Carpets add so much personality to a room, and keeping the carpet clean can also add value in the long run.
The Carpet and Rug Institute has always encouraged folks to maintain their carpets regularly at a high level by having a maintenance plan.
By following the tips on this list, your carpet will contribute to a clean and healthy environment indoors and add lasting beauty to your home or office.