The Benefits of Carpet During the Holidays
This post is part of the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Beauty of Carpet campaign. Read the full post at Haneen’s Haven.
I always love adding seasonal touches to the bedrooms. They’re the coziest rooms in the house because they’re carpeted! I can’t wait to share more images of our new carpeting! It was just installed two weeks ago, and it feels SO good! So nice to have fresh carpet in time for the cold winter months.
- It’s soft underfoot! I don’t know about you guys, but I love getting out of bed and having comfort below. And my younger kids love to wrestle with their dad! Having carpet allows for a comfortable place for playing.
- There are so many stylish options! I’ve been dreaming of a shorter pile carpet with a subtle pattern, and I finally found exactly what we’ve been looking for.
- Noise reduction! Let’s be honest. A family of six (plus a dog) gets loud. I like that carpet traps the noise a bit.
- It’s a healthy choice! There’s a big misconception about living with carpet and how it affects allergies. After doing a bit of research on the CRI website turns out new carpet is the lowest VOC-emitting flooring choice available. It actually acts as a passive air filter, trapping dust, pollen, and particles- which removes them from the breathing zone.
- Carpet is a conservation benefit! In colder months, carpet retains warm air longer.