Keep Your Carpet Looking Beautiful with Professional Cleaning
Seal of Approval Service Providers
CRI strongly recommends getting your carpet professionally cleaned by a Seal of Approval-certified service provider. These companies use SOA-approved equipment and products so you know your carpet is being serviced with the best. It is also the most effective way to maintain your warranty, as many carpet manufacturers recommend SOA products in their residential warranties.
Ask Good Questions
There are a number of questions to ask when hiring a cleaning professional:
- “How long have you been in business?” The answer can speak volumes about a company’s reputation and experience. A quick Google search for customer reviews can also tell you a lot about the company.
- “Do you vacuum before deep cleaning the carpet?” The answer should be yes. Vacuuming before deep cleaning is critical and makes a difference in the end result.
- “How is your pricing structured?” Pricing should be based on the area cleaned, not by the number of rooms. Make sure to measure your area before you get on the phone. Room sizes vary, so be careful of any company that quotes price by the room.
- “How much will it cost?” When you’re on the phone, get an estimate that you’re comfortable with – before the cleaner comes to your house.
- “Are your technicians certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC)?” Professional certifications such as this show advanced training.
- “Do you move the furniture or should I have it moved before you arrive? If you move the furniture, do you charge extra?” Understand all of the service details to avoid surprises.