Getting Cozy With Carpet For The Holidays + Benefits of Carpet
This post is part of the 2019 Holiday Beauty of Carpet campaign. View the original post at Haneen’s Haven.
Happy Holiday season, everyone! Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I’m excited to start decking the halls in our home. Oddly enough, I’ve started in bedrooms! If you missed it, I posted a gorgeous chic Christmas look in my 13 year old’s room last week. This week, I’m tackling the master bedroom. I think I’m naturally drawn to starting in the bedrooms because they’re the coziest rooms in the house. Why? Because they’re carpeted!
Benefits of carpet…
- It’s soft underfoot! I don’t know about you guys, but I love getting out of bed and having comfort below. And my younger kids love to wrestle with their dad! Having carpet allows for a comfortable place for playing.
- There are so many stylish options! I hope to purchase new carpet for our bedrooms down the road, and I’m drawn to the idea of shorter pile carpet for easy layering with rugs.
- Noise reduction! Let’s be honest. A family of six (plus a dog) gets loud. I like that carpet traps the noise a bit.
- It’s a healthy choice! There’s a big misconception about living with carpet and how it effects allergies. After doing a bit of research on Carpet & Rug Institute, turns out new carpet is the lowest VOC-emitting flooring choice available. It actually acts as a passive air filter, trapping dust, pollen, and particles- which removes them from the breathing zone.
- It’s a conservation benefit! In colder months, carpet retains warm air longer.
Read the full post at Haneen’s Haven.
Learn more about the benefits of carpet and enter the #BeautyofCarpet sweepstakes here.